I’m now a android lover after switching from a iPhone 3gs to a Samsung galaxy S 6 months ago.
My current apps look something like this.
75 total, 68 free (90%), 7 paid (9%) | Total Size: 138MB
Total spent: $14.99
You can view the list of my installed apps here.
Here i will note some must have apps for your droid and a few other cool apps as well. Im not going to write an essay about each of them, just list them and hopefully you can download them and see how good they are for yourself.
Top 10 Apps
- Handcent SMS. – The best sms application ever.
- SMS2PC – Probably the most used app. If your in front of your computer alot, this makes your phone like a chat client, however you can reply to people via sms from a chat screen on your computer. Well worth the $4
- Launcher Pro – This is the fastest and best launcher available.
- Switch pro Widget – The widget is best for your homescreen. Currently mine displays battery %, wireless toggle, blutooth toggle, vibrate/silent/loud toggle, a flashlight, 3g toggle, and a shutdown and restart button.
- Bible – Best bible app with heaps of offline version such as ESV for viewing straight from your phone.
- Isyncr – This app enables you to sync itunes to your android phone just like a iphone. You can also sync over wifi without a cord!
- Poweramp – An awesome music player, has a 30day demo but costs a big $5 for this one.
- Gtasks – If you use google tasks, this is a great widget that keeps your tasks in sync
- Pure Calendar Widget – If you use your calendar alot this is a must. So customisable and can be a widget you wont know what to do with yourself.
- Skype – Voip over your mobile. brilliant!
Other Cool Apps
- Go Sydney – Train & bus times
- Shazam – Listens to a piece of music and will tell you the artist and song.
- Sydney Traffic Cameras
- Zedge ringtones and wallpapers – Heaps and heaps of ringtones and wallpapers for your phone
- Ringdroid – Crops songs on your phone and sets them as your ringtone
- Vlingo – Tell your phone what to do. Only works if you have a internet connection
- Schedule Sms Wishes – Ever wanted to remind yourself via a sms or remind someone else? This can schedule sms messages to your contacts.
- SMS Backup – Backup your sms and save it in a excel spread sheet for safe keeping.
- Google Chrome to phone – Ever wanted to get a webpage you were looking at on your computer to your phone? With this app you just click a button and it launches on your phone
What is your favourite apps? Please share in the comments.
Leave a comment