Serves 6 and can be stored covered in refrigerator or frozen.
- 1x tablespoon olive oil
- 2x Medium (300g) onions, chopped.
- 5x Medium (1kg) potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 300ml cream
Heat oil in pan, add onion, cook stirring until brownish and soft. Add potatoes and stock to a big pot and simmer uncovered for around 20 minutes. Potatoes should now be soft and can be mashed with a “masher” utensil (haha) or blend or process mixture until you have a smooth texture. Add everything now to the pot simmering, then add the cream stirring until heated through.
Serve. Decorate. Enjoy.
ps. Sorry for the dodgy camera picture, I will be sure to use my digital instead of the phone next time :)
Here’s my first dish over the holidays I have made. Taste’s great!
Serves 4 people, I just halved the ingredients and had for 2 nights.
- 500g Spaghetti.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 5 Bacon Rashers, cut up.
- 1/2 Cup (125ml) dry white wine. (Can be bought from liqueur store only in 250ml sachet.
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 4 Eggs
- Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Add pasta to large pan of boiling water, simmer, uncovered until tender. Then drain.
- Heat oil in pan, add bacon, then egg and cook until crisp.
- Stir in wine and cream into pasta pan bringing to the boil; then remove from heat.
- Toss pasta in with bacon and egg, serve with sprinkled cheese and parsley.
What’s your favourite dinner dinner to make? I’m living alone for the next 3 weeks and I’m on a cooking feast. Hit me up with your favourite food and recipe and I’ll attempt to make it, eat it and of course, blog it :)
Preferred dishes that feed 1-3 people would be best, and something that doesn’t need 101 ingredients.
Please post in the comments as soon as possible to prevent me from going hungry at dinner time… :P
PS. I may be a little slow with replying to comments over the next 3 weeks, I’ll catch up when I get back.
Lately the family have been cooking up lots of Rocky Road and i love it! Once there set in the fridge the red rasberries stick to your teeth :)
500 g chocolate, melted
200 g marshmallows, chopped
¼ cup dessicated coconut
2 x 55 g bars Turkish Delight, chopped
½ cup peanuts, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a lined slice tin and refrigerate until set.
- Use a warm knife to cut the slice into small squares.
PS: The Turkish Delight bars can be substituted for rasberries (what i used) or red jubes.